
Today I received word that my Granny passed away last night. I was stunned. My mind filled with many thoughts and my heart was full of emotion. I chose to cancel my afternoon art classes and started calling my family. I am thankful that my mom was able to be there with her brothers and sister when her mom passed. I wasn't able to get hold of my mom just yet, and I hope she is doing well. The funeral is set for Monday. I am saddened that I will not be able to be there in person. So, I thought I would take the opportunity to share some of my thoughts and memories about Granny in my blog.
I am thankful and honored to be named after her - Joy! I remember spending many Thanksgivings in her home watching her team - the Cowboys play. Oh, how she loved the Cowboys! I loved hearing about her childhood stories growing up on a Texas ranch. She came from a big family and had many responsibilities. I remember her humming as she worked. We enjoyed watching romantic comedies and old movies together. She always worked hard and loved to shop. Granny was my high school graduation highlight - I was so thankful that she came! After totaling my car in an accident, Granny helped me buy my first new car. I am thankful for the many times I had to visit with her and the opportunity to introduce her to my sweetheart, Peter. I am also thankful that she was able to meet Raegan and Sydney when she came to Hawaii a few years ago for my cousin's wedding. I love Granny and will miss her :)
Thank you for sharing your memories of Granny. I too have tender memories for my grandmother that I hold dear to my heart. She is 90 now and I hope to make more memories with her soon.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is with you. She sounds like a wonderful woman!
ReplyDelete