Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry, Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Family and Friends! With a busy schedule at this year's end, I didn't put together Christmas cards to send. (Beware - my mind works in rhyme!) This will be my holiday greetings to you. We have had a good, full year. We have been blessed with many wonderful experiences and memories. So, sit back and enjoy pictures of the Bishop Family.


This is the most current family photo. We were on our way to the Polynesian Cultural Center to enjoy a Christmas light canoe ride with friends-the Calls, the Akhays, and the Rodrigues. We arrived early and went to the Laie Temple Visitor center. It was a beautiful night!


I played with my camera and took this picture of the Christus surrounded by the festive trees with the lights reflecting in the water.

All aboard! The canoe crew is ready to go. We had so much fun! The ride took us through the story of the birth of Jesus Christ with beautiful music and staged characters. It was wonderful! Then towards the end of the ride, we were treated to the fun of Christmas passing a gingerbread house, dancing children, and Santa Clause himself.

Meet Uncle Frank. I think his hat is cute! I call him Raegan's and Sydney's "dealer" because he supplies them with treats like gum or candy right after sacrament meeting every Sunday. He is very sweet!






Here are the girls after church one Sunday. They are growing up so quickly! Raegan is attending a charter school this year. She does most of her studies here at home with me. She has a teacher and goes to a learning center once a week. I am enjoying teaching her and seeing her learn on a daily basis. She definitely loves art and draws all the time! Raegan is taking a break from ballet and is looking forward to taking gymnastics. She also loves to cook.

Cooking eggs is one of her favorite things to make. She can do it all by herself. I am amazed! Raegan also likes to build with blocks, boxes, sticks, rope, anything! With the help of her sister and friends she has turned the playground equipment into a fort. Raegan loves the water. She is becoming quite a swimmer - Pete takes the girls to the Wahiawa community pool often. We hope to get her on the swim team; first, she has to take the swim lessons then she can qualify.



Sydney is now 6 years old and attends Wahiawa Elementary School. We tried the charter school - it just didn't quite fit. She loves her teacher and her classmates. She enjoyed making gingerbread boys in class. Sydney loves to sing. She also enjoys swimming and playing outside. She likes to role play with barbies or friends. She is a firecracker with strong opinions to share! She is full of energy and can be quite funny. She is a lot of fun.

Peter is an awesome father! He loves interacting with the girls. He takes them swimming and hiking and also enjoys playing with them outside. He has even painted a few toe nails and finger nails. He still works for Booz Allen Hamilton and enjoys the people he works with. He still likes to bike and read - just in small increments due to time restraints. Peter is thankful for the opportunity to serve as bishop. He loves and cares dearly for the people of Wahiawa. I am thankful for all that he does. He is a wonderful friend and husband. I love him dearly. We just celebrated 15 years of being married. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by!
I am still teaching art to children. It has been a very rewarding experience. I love seeing what the students create. You can check out some of their work on my website - advinart.com. This May, the lease for my studio ends, and I will have some decisions to make. I do still enjoy creating puppets, drawing/painting, and building things. It is just fun! I currently teach in Primary and love it! I also enjoy reading good books - I just need to figure out how to not fall asleep once I sit down and open a book. Well, that is a quick glimpse into the Bishop Family. I hope to continue to share with you what we are up to as this blog goes forth. May you enjoy Christmas Joy this year! With much love, Alison

1 comment:

  1. Alison I love reading your blog. I got all caught up with your family's comings and goings in one posting. LOL The girl's picture's are sooo cute. I love those girls. Uncle Frank does too! He's the candy man!

    ReplyDelete