Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Warm Embraces

Aloha and welcome! After much deliberation, I am taking a big step from being an observer to a participant in the world of blogging. As I embark on this new endeavor, I am excited and a little nervous. So, here I go....
Today, I opened some Christmas cards sent from family and friends near and afar. Warm memories tickled my mind as I saw their dear, familiar faces and read about the highlights and changes in their lives. These greetings are warm embraces much like the welcoming embrace so often exchanged here in Hawaii with the spirit of Aloha. I cherish this simple custom of embracing with friends when we come and go; I have been humbled and softened by these tender embraces. I have felt peace, love, acceptance, and joy. How thankful I am for warm embraces in my life!

3 comments:

  1. We love warm embraces too! We are truly grateful for your friendship and the Aloha spirit you reciprocate. It just comes natural.
    Me ke aloha pumehana, with warm aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I am so excited that you are starting this. I love reading what you have been up to. You are Amazing. Keep on updating, I love it! Your girls are so getting bigger and more beautiful.
    Melekalikimaka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I too am thankful for warm embraces in my life. I'm so excited you've started a blog so we can see your beautiful family grow. We sure miss you guys. I'm sorry to hear the Calls are moving after such a short return. Hopefully things will work out for them on the mainland. Sending lots of love and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete